Since approximately 80 percent of our partner agencies are run by volunteers only, the required class allows the representatives to take the class at their convenience.
Agency Relations Director
Los Angeles Regional Food Bank
About the Organization
The Los Angeles Regional Food Bank is a nonprofit, charitable organization that helps fight hunger by collecting food donations from several sources and distributing them to the needy through a network of over 1,000 partner agency sites throughout the county. The L.A. Regional Food Bank also sponsors classes and programs aimed at raising awareness and support of hunger relief.
The L.A. Regional Food Bank’s partner pantry agencies are required to complete an annual food safety course in order to distribute food. Previously, all training and certification was done in-person either at the Food Bank or at the annual agency conference.
However several factors made training and certification difficult. First, the agency needed to train at least one member of over 400 different agencies — and many of those agencies employed only part-time volunteers, which often made scheduling a training appointment difficult. With only limited opportunities to train and certify partner agency staff, the Food Bank was often forced to certify large groups of people in-person at once, during the annual agency conference. As a result, the Food Bank could only deliver food safety training to a maximum of two members of each agency.
The Los Angeles Regional Food Bank turned to Mindflash to solve its training and certification conundrum. With Mindflash, the Food Bank was able to:
- Allow partner agency staff to access training materials any time, from any place.
- Conduct tests on food safety and automatically certify trainees who passed all relevant tests.
- Utilize many of its existing training materials (including PowerPoint, Word, videos or PDFs).
- Train and certify far more representatives from partner agencies in food safety.
- Save time and planning that had been previously devoted to in-person training.
Since adopting its Mindflash food safety training course, which includes informative slideshows and several short quizzes, the L.A. Regional Food Bank has been able to train more than 200 partner agency staff members. By urging partner agencies to utilize the online training, the Food Bank has also relieved the crunch on space, time, and resources that had gone into training so many people in-person and on-site.
- AIMS and Mindflash
- Ascena Retail Group
- Big Ass Fans and Mindflash
- Bristlecone Holdings
- Burlington Fire Department and Mindflash
- Capital Women’s Care and Mindflash
- Complete Nutrition
- Cruise Planners
- Dyson Ltd.
- Fortune 500 Retailer
- Fortune Global 200 Industrial Manufacturer
- GoEngineer and Mindflash
- Harmony Home Health and Hospice
- Johnson Health Tech
- L.A. Food Bank and Mindflash
- MacPack and Mindflash
- One Child Matters and Mindflash
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Unilever Food Solutions – Employee Training
- Yammer and Mindflash – Employee Training