You can’t properly train people over and over on the same skill. You get burned out. That doesn’t happen with Mindflash. Everyone who takes the course learns what they need to know. It’s easy to update, use, and share with customers. It’s a painless solution for training – I love it.
Director of Training and Education
About the Organization:
AIMS 360 (AIMS) designs and develops a one-stop apparel software solution and cutting-edge iPad apps for manufacturers, wholesalers, and importers. From inventory management, order processing, and production, through sales, accounting, , and distribution, the Apparel Information Management System helps organizations to easily streamline, automate, and accelerate all facets of their mission-critical operations. AIMS was founded in 1984 and is headquartered in the heart of the Fashion District within downtown Los Angeles. More than 5,000 companies have relied on AIMS to increase productivity, reduce overhead costs, improve customer satisfaction, and maximize profitability.
AIMS trains every new customer on how to use their software, as well as onboarding new employees at existing client companies. As AIMS continued to add new clients and accounts, they found themselves repeating individual training classes over and over, creating productivity and time management issues internally. Manpower hours were being wasted and there were many scheduling headaches which in turn, lead to employee burnout.
Training and Education Manager Scott Allen was an AIMS client prior to his role in-house at the company, and so uniquely understands both the product and client needs. When Scott took over the training program at AIMS 360, he looked for a more efficient way to train AIMS customers on their software product.
Scott instituted a number of new training initiatives at AIMS that have made life better for both employees and current users. Instead of doing one-off training sessions, he hosts in-person courses for local clients, and also streams them live to remote customers. In addition, he set up courses on Mindflash that clients can take on their own time, as they need software training. These courses include videos, quizzes and points about how to best use the AIMS software. Says Scott, “The biggest benefit to me is that it’s extremely clear what the training points are getting across. We have a training desk with knowledge support articles, but not everyone will interpret those the same way. You can’t mistake what you’re supposed to do with a video.” Beyond the standardization of training, using Mindflash has allowed AIMS to train customers across the country as well as overseas in countries including Australia, Italy, and Spain. Before Mindflash, Scott says training non-local customers was “almost impossible” due to the time difference.
AIMS offers basic training for free as part of their ERP software package, and charges for additional training for those clients in need of more advanced information. By using the Mindflash Marketplace platform, AIMS has a one-stop resource for invoicing clients, accepting payments, and hosting training courses on one destination.
Since implementing their online training via Mindflash, Scott has seen exciting results:
- Reduced help desk support tickets significantly, allowing customer relationship team to focus on helping clients maximize the use of the AIMS software and not just troubleshooting day to day issues;
- Allowed customers to move at their own pace without waiting for the support team to answer questions;
- Generated over $2,500 in revenue by selling training courses to customers.
- AIMS 360 clients are extremely pleased with the new training options, and have completed over 100 courses on the Mindflash platform. Time is used more efficiently, training is standardized, and customers get the help they need quickly and when they need it most.
- AIMS and Mindflash
- Ascena Retail Group
- Big Ass Fans and Mindflash
- Bristlecone Holdings
- Burlington Fire Department and Mindflash
- Capital Women’s Care and Mindflash
- Complete Nutrition
- Cruise Planners
- Dyson Ltd.
- Fortune 500 Retailer
- Fortune Global 200 Industrial Manufacturer
- GoEngineer and Mindflash
- Harmony Home Health and Hospice
- Johnson Health Tech
- L.A. Food Bank and Mindflash
- MacPack and Mindflash
- One Child Matters and Mindflash
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Unilever Food Solutions – Employee Training
- Yammer and Mindflash – Employee Training