Each fall, retailers hire tens of thousands of workers as they staff up to handle Black Friday and the holiday shopping rush. Economists watch those hiring numbers closely as a leading indicator of holiday sales expectations and as a barometer of economic health in general. Here’s a look at the overall hiring picture this holiday season. While it’s clear that both hiring and sales forecasts have rebounded strongly from the recession dips of 2008 and 2009, it will likely be another year, or two, before they reach the pre-recession peak of 2006.
(Click image to enlarge)
- Govexec – Managing Your Workforce When Employees Are All Over the MapAugust 29, 2016
- The Keys to Multi-Language Content in eLearningAugust 22, 2016
- Voice Over Training Tips that will make Training StickAugust 16, 2016
- Get More Context on the History of Course Completions with Completion HistoryAugust 8, 2016
- Save Hours a Week with the new Mindflash Enterprise ExperienceJuly 21, 2016