Each fall, retailers hire tens of thousands of workers as they staff up to handle Black Friday and the holiday shopping rush. Economists watch those hiring numbers closely as a leading indicator of holiday sales expectations and as a barometer of economic health in general. Here’s a look at the overall hiring picture this holiday season. While it’s clear that both hiring and sales forecasts have rebounded strongly from the recession dips of 2008 and 2009, it will likely be another year, or two, before they reach the pre-recession peak of 2006.
(Click image to enlarge)
- Can You Prove That Training Directly Increases Sales Revenue?October 10, 2016
- 9 Must-Consider Topics When Designing Partner or Reseller TrainingSeptember 26, 2016
- Mindflash Does It Again — LMS Category Leader on GetApp!September 14, 2016
- 5 Ways to Kick-Start Great On-the-Job Sales TrainingAugust 30, 2016
- Govexec – Managing Your Workforce When Employees Are All Over the MapAugust 29, 2016