Design Tutorial, Part 2: How to Create Your Own iPad-Themed e-Learning Course (+ Free Template!)
I recently shared some insights I’ve had on the usability of the iPad and walked you through the steps for creating your own iPad/iPhone-inspired app icons in PowerPoint. This post is all about applying the icons and an iPad theme to your online training course.
In the following tutorial, I’ll show you how I created an iPad-themed backdrop in PowerPoint. I’ll also show you how I’ve applied this design to one of my courses and in the process, elevated the presentation from a cool visual gimmick to user-friendly, intuitive interface.
Still looking for more free goodies? Check out the following links for more free iPad design elements you can download and customize.
- iPad stencil from Information Architects
- Icon designer Kevin Andersson’s fully editable iPad PSD (for those of you who are PhotoShop savvy)
How are you pushing the design envelope? Share your stories with the Mindflash community and leave a comment.
Trina is a learning and communications consultant with thirteen years experience designing, developing, and delivering smart, engaging training. When her skills aren’t being tested by her children, you’ll find her helping others to develop their own training design muscles.
- The Keys to Multi-Language Content in eLearningAugust 22, 2016
- Voice Over Training Tips that will make Training StickAugust 16, 2016
- Get More Context on the History of Course Completions with Completion HistoryAugust 8, 2016
- Save Hours a Week with the new Mindflash Enterprise ExperienceJuly 21, 2016
- Learning Franchises: An Evolution in Positive ROIJuly 12, 2016